Jim Cohen, Executive Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions, here at Consolidated Graphics, Inc., will be the keynote speaker at this summer’s Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA) Summer Conference to be held July 19-21 at the Hilton Chicago.
The theme of the conference is “Heating Up: M&A on the Rise,” and will focus on today’s merger and acquisition environment. There will be more than 400 attendees at the conference, including intermediaries, private equity sources, strategic and mezzanine investors, attorneys, CPAs, and other M&A professionals.
Cohen will be speaking on July 20th at 8:10 a.m, and will address why Consolidated Graphics’ approach to acquisitions is both unique and highly successful.
To read more about where Cohen will be giving his keynote presentation, visit the conference blog.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
This year’s emerge conference in Dallas, Texas was a rousing success, enabling CGX customers, business executives, print leaders, and equipment and technology developers to come together to share the latest marketing and technology innovations that are positioning companies for success. From personalized conference materials to grand format floor coverings, the Hyatt Regency in downtown Dallas was transformed with the presence of emerge. With nearly 1,000 attendees, this year’s conference was full of highlights, including:
• Keynote speakers Eileen Gittins (Founder and CEO, Blurb), John Sabel (Executive Vice President, Motion Picture Creative Print Marketing, Walt Disney Studios), Jamey Rootes (President, Houston Texans), and Don Pettit (Chairman and CEO, Mally Beauty),
• The announcement of CGX’s new cloud computing data center and WorkSmart Suite™ collection of marketing solutions,
• The announcement of the 1st Annual Encore™Award winners,
• 49 educational breakout sessions for attendees to learn and exchange ideas,
• The business expo, which gave attendees the opportunity to see the excellent work being done by CGX companies, suppliers and customers, and
• A live demonstration of Adobe’s Creative Suite 5.5.
And who could forget the party at Cowboys Stadium for all attendees? Conference guests had the opportunity to see this world-renowned stadium up close and take part in a wide selection of football games to show off their athletic ability on the same field as professional NFL players.
All of the keynote speakers gave attendees great advice and takeaways from their speeches. For example, Eileen Gittins stated that “taking something to print means that it matters,” and Jamey Rootes told the audience “you should push yourself to the limits, and if you’re not then you aren’t doing your job to the best of your ability.” Each speaker gave his or her own perspective about what it takes to be successful in business.
“Emerge is a great event that helps move print forward, giving people from all over the opportunity to come together and share experiences and expertise with each other,” stated Aaron Grohs, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing for Consolidated Graphics.
Next year’s emerge conference will take place in New Orleans, April 17-20, 2012.
For a comprehensive news report about the event, visit WhatTheyThink.